Angela

Angela

Thursday, January 29, 2009

More of Angela's Words. . . and . . . What I'm Doing Next


It's almost the end of January and I'm feeling like I've got a good start on my cycle goals. But before I get into that, I wanted to share a little more of what I found on Angela's "Care Pages" way back in 2007. She said:

"Perhaps it seems odd to compare the birth of my children to fighting cancer (on the other hand, some of you with teenagers may not see this as much of a stretch), but, in truth, it's really all about nurturing life. And that sometimes feels like a knock-out, drag-out, don't-you-even-think-it-young-lady kind of fight, and it can leave you exhausted.

These last two weeks have been very hard. I alternate between feeling strong and hopeful against impossible odds and then crazy scared . . . you know, kind of like Mel Gibson in Beyond Thunderdome."


So. . . what's in store for this "Angel 4 Angela"? Well, at the end of this week, if all goes as planned, I will have cycled over 850 miles for the month of January! We've had an incredibly dry (not so good, really) month here, and while the temps have been cool, I've continued to keep my you-know-what in the saddle. So while my plan was to achieve 644 miles by month-end, I've exceeded that by 200 miles. I'm happy. Only about 6,700 to go!

Next, I head down to Solvang for a 5-day bike tour. It will be a great opportunity to start off February with the potential to record a fair number of miles. Tune in later for an update.


Remember, you can donate at ANY time, ANY amount. Please see below for info on how to go about it. Please become an "Angel 4 Angela".

No comments:

Post a Comment